In Don’t @ Me (2:50) Tom explains why he’s done talking about the “COVID learning loss” and why rich, engaging opportunities now are all students need going forward; that “catching-up” is a manufactured narrative. Then Tom is joined by Shauna Brown (11:48) who is an Instructional Leader, Consultant, Educator, and Entrepreneur; the discussion centers on racial equity in schools and society, as well as the vision behind her brand “Teach For the Culture.” Finally, in Assessment Corner (1:01:31), Tom highlights why any move to sound grading practices or standard-based grading must be a net-zero change proposition; that doing more of one thing should lead to doing less of something else.
- Follow Teach For the Culture on Instagram: @teachfortheculture
- Follow Teach For the Culture on Facebook: Teach for the Culture
- Follow Melanin in STEM on Instagram: @melanininstem
- Follow Melanin in STEM on Facebook: Melanin in STEM
- Follow School Leadership 101 on Facebook: School Leadership 101